Cop sings Bhojpuri song to spread awareness on COVID-19
"Jan Jan curfew lagai ho, corona toh ke jai ke padi (curfew is followed by everyone and corona you will have to retreat)," is the song penned by post incharge Akshay Kumar Mishra.
The song tells people about the precautionary measures to protect themselves from the deadly virus.Mishra's song has been liked and shared by thousands of people on social media platforms.Advertisement
"The song is written by me and I took the tune from a popular Bhojpuri folk. Bhojpuri is spoken and understood in this area so I decided to create awareness with the song," Mishra told on Tuesday.
Native of Ballia and posted in Gorakhpur for the last four years, Mishra hopes his efforts would create awareness about social distancing, sanitization and complete lockdown to effectively check the spread of coronavirus."I hope my song would create awareness and even if it makes a little difference, I'll be blessed," Mishra said. CORR SAB AD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Maha COVID-19 cases rise by 7,827 to 2,54,427; toll 10,289
- COVID-19: Thane district's case count crosses 55,000-mark
- TRAI asks Airtel, Vodafone Idea to hold priority plans promising faster speeds
- Maha govt will set up COVID-19 labs in all districts: CM
- Amitabh Bachchan expresses 'unending gratitude' towards fans after COVID-19 diagnosis