Coronavirus cases in Ahmedabad cross 10,000-mark, 24 deaths
As many as 24 COVID-19 patients died in Ahmedabad hospitals during the day, taking the total death toll in the district to 669.
Also, 206 patients were discharged on Saturday, taking the number of recovered patients in the district to 3,864.There are 5,468 active cases here, the health department said.
Five new cases were reported from outside the city limits, taking the total number of cases in the rural region of the district to 155.Tests per million in Ahmedabad city now stand at 9,492 as of May 23, compared to 5,344 on May 5, showing a rise of 77 per cent, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation said.
In the week ending May 21, 11,320 samples were tested as against 9,410 samples in the previous week, and 7,500 in the week before, it said. KA PD KRK KRK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- From Tata to Maruti and Mahindra — these are the electric cars lined up for launch in 2021
- Farmer protests: Fifth round of talks end in deadlock, next round on December 9
- Odisha forms panels to track adverse events in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- Hry minister, who got 1st dose of Covid vaccine, tests positive (Ld)
- Hundred cops in Ahmedabad found COVID-19 positive in special drive