Coronavirus in Delhi: The number of infected people rises to 8 after Delhi resident working in a Noida factory test positive
- Thousands of people are staying away from all the crowded places including cinema halls, markets, and schools.
- As of March 13, there are 78 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with one death. With it, India might be staring at a nation lockdown.
- The number of coronavirus infected cases grew to 8 in Delhi NCR after a resident working in a Noida factory tested positive
Delhi, a city of 20 million, is aggressively working to contain the
The number of coronavirus infected cases grew to 8 in Delhi NCR after a resident working in a Noida factory tested positive. The national capital has also reported a case of a man who tested positive in Noida. Manesar which is only 17 kms away from Gurgaon also has a case where a quarantined man from Italy has tested positive to coronavirus
As of March 13, there are 78 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with one death. With it, India might be staring at a nation lockdown.
Here’s what life under lockdown looks like in Delhi:
The Delhi government has declared coronavirus an epidemic and have urged all people to remain indoors and avoid public gatherings.
It also closed down all the primary schools in Delhi — both government and private — until March 31.
Pictures from inside the city show fewer metro commuters, empty restaurants and closed schools.
Premier institutions like Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, University of Delhi, Jawaharlal university have postponed classes, assessments and seminars. Many companies including Paytm in the national capital region have asked their employees to work from home until further notice. Whereas, some have barred visitors and started screening employees at the gate.
Popular on BI
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry