Coronavirus kills 8 more in Gujarat; toll rises to 71
Ahmedabad, Apr 20 () The death toll due to COVID-19in Gujarat rose to 71 on Monday after eight more patientssuccumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, state healthdepartment officials said.
Out of these eight patients, six died in Ahmedabad,taking the toll in the city to 34, and in Ahmedabad districtto 38.
As many as 25 COVID-19 patients who have died inAhmemdabad are from areas that have been placed under curfewsince last week as a precautionary measure, PrincipalSecretary (Health), Jayanti Ravi said.
Two other patients died in Surat in last 24 hours, shesaid.Out of the total 71 deaths, 38 were in Ahmedabad.Surat has reported 10 deaths, Vadodara 7 deaths, Bhavnagarfour deaths, two deaths each were in Anand, Gandhinagar andPanachmahal, while one death each has been reported fromBharuch, Patan, Kutch, Botad, Jamnagar and Arravali, she said. KA PD GKRSY RSY
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- UK Home Secretary Suella Braverman objects to increasing visas for Indians
- Upcoming electric cars in India in 2022 - check the expected price and range here
- More than half of Bitcoin volume on crypto exchanges fake: Report
- 12,000 Facebook employees, 15% of its workforce, may lose jobs amid 'quiet layoffs': Report
- From managing Harvard’s Alpha Fund to starting a $1 billion hedge fund — The journey of Divya Nettimi