List of states and districts under lockdown in India
- After a successful implementation of Janata Curfew across India, 22 states have imposed a lockdown in 80 districts.
- The lockdown will be in effect till March 31.
- During the lockdown, only essential services will be operational.
During the lockdown, only essential services will be allowed to operate in all the districts which have reported cases or casualties due to Coronavirus. The lockdown is aimed at preventing a Coronavirus breakout in India.
Currently, there are over 400 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in India, of which there have been 7 deaths.
AdvertisementWhile a few state governments like Punjab expressed exasperation that people are not taking lockdown seriously, others are worried about spreading it to districts which have been untouched as yet. A few others are taking precautionary measures as India is hell bent on keeping a community wide infection that is known for phase III at bay.
Maharashtra and Punjab also governments announced a curfew today, after lockdowns saw only partial success in keeping crowds away.
What does a lockdown mean?
A lockdown can be defined as an emergency protocol implemented by the authorities that prevents people from leaving a given area. A full lockdown will mean that the people in the given area must stay where they are and must not exit or enter a building or given area.
|Andhra Pradesh||Full lockdown|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Full lockdown|
|Himachal Pradesh||Full lockdown|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Full lockdown|
|Gautam Buddha Nagar|
|West Bengal||Full lockdown|
Delhi imposes Section 144 till March 31 to control Coronavirus outbreak
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
- Uber lays off 185 employees from Postmates, two months after it acquired the food delivery startup in the US
- What the future holds for co-working spaces in India
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25