Coronavirus: Mumbai cop tests positive, 2nd report awaited
Mumbai, Apr 6 () A 38-year-old sub-inspectorattached to Kurar police station in the northern part ofMumbai on Monday tested positive for novel coronavirus,officials said, adding that four of his colleagues who hadcome in contact have been quarantined.
The police quarters in Yogi Nagar in Borivali Westwhere he stays has been sealed and residents there are beingchecked by medical teams, an official said.
"He has been admitted in Seven Hills Hospital. He hadgone on two-day leave after he felt feverish. He was testedfor coronavirus and the report returned positive. Fourpolicemen in close contact have been quarantined and those athis police station will be checked," he said.While the first report has said the infection is mild,a second confirmatory report is awaited, he added. ZABNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden