COVID-19: 16 new cases confirmed in K'taka; nine in Bengaluru Urban alone
"Sixteen new positive cases have been reported fromlast evening to this noon....Till date 443 COVID-19 positivecases have been confirmed. This includes 17 deaths and 141discharges," the department said in its mid-day situationupdate.
Among the 16 new cases, nine are from Bengaluru urban,who are contacts of a 54-year old man, a labourer with ahistory of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI), whotested positive on Wednesday.
Of the rest, two each are from Vijayapura, Hubballi inDharwad district and Mandya; and one from Bantwala in DakshinaKannada district.
Fifteen of the 16 cases reported are contacts ofpatients already tested positive, while contact of a womenfrom Vijayapura is being traced.Among the positive cases reported today, 11 are menand five women. KSU SS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Nothing Phone (1) design and features revealed by founder Carl Pei ahead of the launch
- Indian rural healthcare centres are so few and so burdened that people are avoiding them
- Tech company Zoho Corporation invests ₹20 crore in 'Genrobotics', aims to solve social issues
- Apple’s WWDC 2022 to begin on June 6 – events, expected announcements and more
- 18-year-old gunman kills nineteen children, three adults in Texas school rampage