COVID-19: 16 new cases confirmed in K'taka; nine in Bengaluru Urban alone
"Sixteen new positive cases have been reported fromlast evening to this noon....Till date 443 COVID-19 positivecases have been confirmed. This includes 17 deaths and 141discharges," the department said in its mid-day situationupdate.
Among the 16 new cases, nine are from Bengaluru urban,who are contacts of a 54-year old man, a labourer with ahistory of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI), whotested positive on Wednesday.
Of the rest, two each are from Vijayapura, Hubballi inDharwad district and Mandya; and one from Bantwala in DakshinaKannada district.
Fifteen of the 16 cases reported are contacts ofpatients already tested positive, while contact of a womenfrom Vijayapura is being traced.Among the positive cases reported today, 11 are menand five women. KSU SS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Freshers feel the heat as IT majors put onboarding on indefinite hold
- Musk again offers to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share: Report
- Competition Commission gives conditional approval to Sony-Zee merger deal
- Omnichannel becomes omniscient as retailers gear up for revenge festive celebration
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses