COVID-19: 29 Aurangabad central jail inmates test positive
Collector Uday Choudhari told 25 of those who tested positive are from central jail while four are from a temporary facility created for undertrials.
"All 29 are asymptomatic. A total of 110 swabs of inmates and prison staff have been collected and sent for testing on Saturday," he added."Earlier, an inmate tested positive after being admitted in Government Medical College and Hospital here. A total of 48 undertrials who were in contact with this patient were quarantined five days ago. Of them, 29 have now tested positive," a jail official said.
Meanwhile, the number of COVID-19 cases in the district reached 1,936 as 90 people tested positive in the last 24 hours.The number of active cases is 686 as 1,154 have been discharged and 96 have died of the infection, an official said. AW BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar