COVID-19: 29 Aurangabad central jail inmates test positive
Collector Uday Choudhari told 25 of those who tested positive are from central jail while four are from a temporary facility created for undertrials.
"All 29 are asymptomatic. A total of 110 swabs of inmates and prison staff have been collected and sent for testing on Saturday," he added.
"Earlier, an inmate tested positive after being admitted in Government Medical College and Hospital here. A total of 48 undertrials who were in contact with this patient were quarantined five days ago. Of them, 29 have now tested positive," a jail official said.
While the capacity of the jail in Harsul is 539, there are around 1,400 inmates presently, the official added.
Meanwhile, the number of COVID-19 cases in the district reached 1,936 as 90 people tested positive in the last 24 hours.The number of active cases is 686 as 1,154 have been discharged and 96 have died of the infection, an official said. AW BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know
- Tara Sutaria to be the face of Olay India's premium skincare range