COVID-19: 30 quarantined after travelling from UP in bus
Mumbai, Apr 16 () At least 30 persons, who hadtravelled to Maharashtra's Sangli district in a bus from UttarPradesh were detained and sent for institutional quarantine,police said on Thursday.
The bus carrying 30 persons was intercepted by thepolice and health officials at Miraj on Wednesday and oninvestigation, it was found that the passengers were residentsof Sangli, who had gone to Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh onbusiness, an official said.
The COVID-19 lockdown had forced them to stay back inVaranasi for some time, but they decided to make their wayhome to Sangli, he said.All 30 passengers were detained, taken to a civilhospital for swab tests and then sent to a quarantine facilityat the Government Polytechnic in Miraj, where they will remainfor the next 14 days, he said. DCARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden