COVID-19: 75 fresh cases reported in J-K; total rises to 5,298
Srinagar, Jun 16 () Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday recorded 75 fresh COVID-19 cases, taking the total number of people infected by the disease in the Union Territory to 5,298, officials said.
Sixteen cases were reported from the Jammu region and 59 from the Kashmir region of the Union Territory.The cases detected on Tuesday included 23 persons who had returned to Jammu and Kashmir recently. Advertisement
Budgam district, in central Kashmir, had the highest number of cases at 14, followed by Srinagar and Anantnag districts at 10 cases each, the officials said.
They said five districts – Jammu, Ramban, Doda, Reasi and Kishtwar – had no fresh cases.With Tuesday's fresh cases, the total number of infected persons in Jammu and Kashmir reached 5,298.
"Of these, 4,091 are in Kashmir, while 1,207 are in the Jammu region," an official said.Till now, 63 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 in Jammu and Kashmir have died. MIJ ANB ANB ANB
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 10th BBL to start amid India's tour to Australia this year
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine can produce immune response against coronavirus: Study
- Young activists, localists top Hong Kong pro-democracy polls
- Seoul to launch probe into allegations against late mayor
- Google partners Rock Band, Until Dawn developers for Stadia gaming