COVID-19: 8 of 9 Nashik district cases reported from Malegaon
The number of COVID-19 patients in Nashik now standsat 371, of which a dominant 331 are from Malegaon, currentlyone of the hotspots in the state.
The number of active cases in the district is 334 as12 people have died of the infection and 25 discharged afterrecovery.
Meanwhile, on the first day of easing of lockdownrestrictions in non-containment areas, wine shops that openedin Nashik on Monday were soon shut by an order of CollectorSuraj Mandhare due to huge crowds and serpentine queues,forcing police to resort to mild baton charge in some places.Several parts of the district, including areas underNashik and Malegaon municipal corporations have been declaredas red zones due to high number of coronavirus cases. CORBNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days