COVID-19 cases in Indore rise to 2,565; death toll reaches 101
Besides, a 71-year-old man died of COVID-19 at aprivate hospital here on Saturday, raising the number offatalities to 101, Indore's Chief Medical and Health OfficerDr Praveen Jadia said.
Till Sunday, the district reported 2,470 COVID-19cases, but after 95 more patients were found in the last 24hours, the tally jumped to 2,565, he said.
So far, 1,174 patients have been discharged fromhospitals here after recovery, another official said.
The coronavirus outbreak was reported in the district,which is the state's industrial hub, on March 24 when fourpersons tested positive for the disease.Curfew was clamped in the city limits the next day,while strict lockdown was enforced elsewhere in the districtto contain the spread of the infection. HWP LALGK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders