COVID-19 cases in Thane district nearly doubled in 15 days
According to a health bulletin, Thane district, which had detected just 1,011 coronavirus cases till May 1, has recorded 33,324 infections till Tuesday night.
In the last 15 days alone, the cases in the district have nearly doubled from 17,008 to 33,324, it stated.
The deaths too have seen a rise from 29 casualties till May 1 to 1,064 so far, the data stated.
Meanwhile, considering the pattern of increase in cases, the civic administration in Thane, Mira Bhayandar and Kalyan Dombivli towns have imposed a total lockdown for the next 10 days.
The municipal corporations of Bhiwandi and Navi Mumbai have restricted the lockdown to certain containment zones, an order stated.The civic corporations have been directed to focus on contact tracing, increasing containments and taking stringent action against violators of the lockdown. COR ARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best TKL mechanical keyboards in India
- Buy Premium 2.1 channel speakers for audiophiles
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month