COVID-19 cases rise sharply to 244 in Uttarakhand
Nainital reported the highest number of 55 cases and the rest of the cases were reported from Dehradun, Haridwar, Rudraprayag, Pauri Garhwal, Almora, Champawat, Pithoragarh and Uttarkashi, a state health department bulletin said.
A majority of the cases had a travel history to Delhi, Mumbai, Gurgaon and Rajasthan, it said.With migrants returning home in large numbers, there has been a sudden rise in the number of cases being reported daily in Uttarakhand.
This is the second instance of a COVID-19 patient dying in the state since the outbreak of the pandemic.The patient was also suffering from cancer and had undergone an operation recently, COVID-19 nodal officer for corona cases at AIIMS, Rishikesh Madhur Uniyal said.
The first COVID-19 patient had died in Uttarakhand on May 1.The 56-year-old woman had been admitted at AIIMS, Rishikesh after a brain stroke. She had also tested positive for COVID-19 after being admitted at the facility and died there a few days later.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality
- Property tax in Telangana can now be paid via WhatsApp