COVID-19: Delhi govt extends water bill waiver scheme till Sept 30
Under the scheme, launched in August last year, all categories of houses get an exemption from late fee payments, while their pending water bills are waived partly or fully depending on the housing category.
"In wake of Covid-19 outbreak, the water bill waiver scheme of the Delhi Jal Board has been extended by three months and will now end on September 30," the water utility's vice-chairman, Raghav Chadha, tweeted.He said the move will benefit those who have not been able to avail the scheme due to the lockdown restrictions. Advertisement
Delhi's colonies are categorised from A-H.
A-D category colonies are considered as middle and upper-middle residential areas.'A' category colonies include those in Maharani Bagh, Chanakyapuri and Golf Links.
For 'A' and 'B' category colonies, 25 per cent rebate is given on their principal arrears while in the 'C' category colonies, 50 per cent waiver is provided.In 'D' category colonies, people get a waiver of 75 per cent on their principal pending arrear. GVS RHL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Rajkummar Rao's next is Hindi remake of Telugu cop thriller 'HIT'
- PM Modi to deliver keynote speech at High-Level Segment of UN ECOSOC
- Mumbai: Woman halts husband's car on road; disrupts traffic
- 'The Old Guard' director to helm Viola Davis-starrer 'The Woman King'
- Single-day spike of 29,429 COVID-19 cases in India