COVID-19: Goa to launch campaign to encourage plasma donation
State Health Minister Vishwajit Rane said this awareness campaign would start from Sunday.
"We will be encouraging the recovered COVID-19 patients to come forward and donate their plasma. It will save lives of other people," he said.Rane said that an apheresis machine, which is required for the plasma therapy, would be installed at the state-run Goa Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) by Monday. Advertisement
"We will do whatever is required to save lives of the people," he said.
Meanwhile, two patients, who were undergoing treatment at ESI Hospital in Margao town of South Goa, succumbed to the infection between Friday night and Saturday morning, a senior health department official said.These two victims- a 80-year-old man and a 31-year-old man- took the state's death toll to eleven, he said.
The number of COVID-19 cases in the state has now grown to 2,251, of which 895 are active patients. RPS NP NP
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah