COVID-19: Goa will set up plasma bank, says health minister
He said Goa Medical College and Hospital already has the facilities required to operate such a bank and people who have recovered from the infection would be asked to come forward to donate plasma.
A decision on setting up such a bank will be conveyed to the Indian Council of Medical Research soon, he added.He said GMCH's department of transfusion medicine will be given more human resources. Advertisement
Convalescent plasma therapy, also called passive antibody therapy, seeks to obtain plasma from the blood of people who have recovered from the infection to inject into patients undergoing treatment. RPS BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah