COVID-19: Goa will set up plasma bank, says health minister
He said Goa Medical College and Hospital already has the facilities required to operate such a bank and people who have recovered from the infection would be asked to come forward to donate plasma.
A decision on setting up such a bank will be conveyed to the Indian Council of Medical Research soon, he added.He said GMCH's department of transfusion medicine will be given more human resources.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government