COVID-19 in Maha jails: 774 cases, 444 recovered, 4 deaths
Nagpur Central Jail is the worst-affected with 219 cases, followed by Mumbai Central Jail which has 181, while Akola and Solapur prisons have 72 and 62 cases respectively, the prisons department official said.
"Of the 596 inmates, 351 have recovered. Of the 174 jail staff who were infected, 93 have now recovered. Four inmates have died of the infection so far," he added.Incidentally, Pune's Yerawada Central Jail, among the most crowded in the state, has reported only one COVID-19 case so far, officials pointed out. SPK BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Vitamin D twice a day may keep vertigo away
- M&M has given up on this year’s prospects as first-quarter profit is nearly wiped out
- OnePlus users express shock over uninstallable Facebook bloatware, company says it ensures 'higher battery efficiency'
- Samsung topples Xiaomi as the overall mobile phone leader in India
- Best 6GB RAM phones in India