India records highest single-day spike of 265 deaths, 7,964 cases on May 30
- India recorded 7,964 new cases and 265 deaths due to COVID-19 on May 30.
- This has taken the total COVID-19 cases to 1,73,763 and total deaths to 4,971.
"Thus, around 47.40 per cent patients have recovered so far," a senior health ministry official said. The total confirmed cases includes foreigners.
Of the 265 deaths reported since Friday morning, 116 were in Maharashtra, 82 in Delhi, 20 in Gujarat, 13 in Madhya Pradesh, nine in Tamil Nadu, seven in West Bengal, four each in Telangana and Rajasthan, two in Punjab and one each in Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
Of the total 4,971 fatalities, Maharashtra tops the tally with 2,098 deaths followed by Gujarat (980), Delhi (398,) Madhya Pradesh (334), West Bengal (302), Uttar Pradesh (198), Rajasthan (184), Tamil Nadu (154), Telangana (71) and Andhra Pradesh (60).
The death toll reached 48 in Karnataka, 42 in Punjab, 28 in Jammu and Kashmir, 19 in Haryana, 15 in Bihar, eight in Kerala, and seven in Odisha.
Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand and Uttarakhand have registered five COVID-19 fatalities while Chandigarh and Assam have recorded four deaths each so far.
Meghalaya and Chhattisgarh have reported one COVID-19 fatality each, according to the ministry data.
According to the ministry's website, more than 70 per cent of the deaths are due to comorbidities.
India's premier medical research institution snubs WHO— wants to keep trying HCQ on COVID-19 patients
Watch the bizarre video of monkeys who snatched blood samples of COVID-19 patients in India — locals fear transmission
- COVID: ASI monuments in Delhi reopen for visitors, masks mandatory
- Assam's COVID-19 tally crosses 12,000-mark with 786 new cases
- Delhi Police sub-inspector donates plasma after recovering from COVID-19
- Rajasthan CM stresses on raising COVID awareness among people
- Delhi's COVID-19 tally crosses 1 lakh-mark with 1,379 fresh cases; death toll climbs to 3,115
- Interstate Travel
- Chinese Apps
- India China Border Images
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lunar Eclipse in India
- Covid-19 Patient
- Acharya Balakrishna
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- IIT Delhi
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Chinese App FAQ
- Chinese App Alternatives
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- lunar Eclipse July