COVID-19: India registers 1,14,460 fresh cases, loses 2,677 lives in last 24 hours
On Saturday (June 5), India had reported 1,20,529 cases, lowest since April 8.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
India's overall tally of Covid-19 cases now stands at 2,88,09,339 with 14,77,799 active cases and 3,46,759 deaths so far.
AdvertisementOver the last few days, India's fresh Covid cases have seen downward trend, maintaining over one lakh infections every 24 hours, while the deaths have also remained about the 3,000 mark. After battling a brutal second wave for weeks, fresh Covid cases came down below the three lakh-mark for the first time on May 17 after touching record high of 4,14,188 on May 7.
In the last three weeks, India has recorded over 85,000 deaths. India registered record fatalities due to Covid-19 on May 21 with 4,529 deaths -- the highest from Covid infection in any country in a day since the coronavirus outbreak was reported in China's Wuhan in December 2019. It surpassed 4,468 deaths in the US on January 12, and earlier 4,211 in Brazil on April 6.
According to the
The Health Ministry said that a total of 23,13,22,417 people have been vaccinated so far in the country, including 33,53,539 who were administered vaccines in the last 24 hours.
According to the
RBI leaves rates unchanged as it lowers GDP growth projection to 9.5%, targets 5.1% inflation
WhatsApp rips off another Snapchat feature — this time Disappearing Mode
Google Camera update might add the ability to capture the night sky in time-lapse
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists