COVID-19: Maha minister blames overconfidence for infection
Awhad, MLA from Mumbra-Kausa, had gone intoprecautionary quarantine on April 13 after some of hissecurity staff tested positive for the virus, and got himselfadmitted to a private hospital on April 19 where he wasdetected with the infection some days later.
Awhad, who said he had pre-existing ailments likehypertension and diabetes, was discharged after recovery onMay 10.
"It was due to sheer overconfidence I contracted thecoronavirus infection. The period between April 23 and 26 wasthe most crucial in my life. My family was informed that therewere little chances of my survival. I was extremely scared formy life. I spent every minute thinking of life and death," hetold a news channel.
He said he had even written a note while in ICU whichstated that all his property be given to his daughter in casesomething happened to him."The disease made me realise that I have been highlyreckless about my health and lifestyle. I had completelyforgotten there is life outside politics. Now, I realise mylife needs to be more disciplined," he said. NDBNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022