COVID-19: Manipur intensifies fencing work, ups vigil along India-Myanmar border
More than 100 COVID-19 cases have been reported in theneighbouring country, several of which are in the areasbordering India, officials said.
"The situation in neighbouring Myanmar has becomealarming. Accordingly, more material has been dispatched forfencing the border along the Pakmual-Behiang sector inChurachandpur district.
"Additional police personnel have been deployed in theborder areas," the chief minister said on Wednesday.
Myanmar shares more than 300-km border with Manipur.The chief minister lauded the "tireless efforts" ofthe state police department for increasing their vigil in theborder areas, accelerating fencing work and setting up morecheckpoints to regulate the movement of people between Indiaand Myanmar amid the coronavirus outbreak. CORRACD ACD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- RBI extends deadline to exchange, deposit Rs 2,000 notes till Oct 7
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes