COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
Lalvuani, 88, died while undergoing treatment at the Zoram Medical College (ZMC) near Aizawl.
"It is with deep sorrow that I announce the demise of my beloved elder sister Lalvuani (88-years) this morning at 11:30 am," the chief minister tweeted.
Lalvuani, the third eldest of seven siblings, was bed-ridden for months due to asthma and age-related complications, family sources said.
She was diagnosed with COVID-19 on September 22 and shifted to the ZMC, they said.
Mizoram on Monday reported 527 new cases of COVID-19, pushing the state's tally to 88,693, a government bulletin said.
Aizawl reported the highest number of new cases at 550, followed by Lawngtlai (20) and Champhai (16).
At least 131 children were among the newly-infected people, the bulletin said.
AdvertisementMizoram now has 15,485 active cases, while 72,913 patients have recovered.
The Amazon bribery case in India is getting murkier and the lack of transparency is not helping
Know your cryptocurrency lingo — Crypto coins and tokens are not the same thing
Popular on BI
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- Kama Holdings, valued over ₹8,000 crore, has only three employees
- Check out upcoming new WhatsApp features in 2023
- DHFL case: CBI moves Delhi HC against statutory bail to Wadhawan brothers
- Best mobile under ₹12000
- E-commerce platform Carousell lays off 110 employees to reduce costs