COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
Lalvuani, 88, died while undergoing treatment at the Zoram Medical College (ZMC) near Aizawl.
"It is with deep sorrow that I announce the demise of my beloved elder sister Lalvuani (88-years) this morning at 11:30 am," the chief minister tweeted.
AdvertisementLalvuani, the third eldest of seven siblings, was bed-ridden for months due to asthma and age-related complications, family sources said.
She was diagnosed with COVID-19 on September 22 and shifted to the ZMC, they said.
Mizoram on Monday reported 527 new cases of COVID-19, pushing the state's tally to 88,693, a government bulletin said.
Aizawl reported the highest number of new cases at 550, followed by Lawngtlai (20) and Champhai (16).
AdvertisementAt least 131 children were among the newly-infected people, the bulletin said.
Mizoram now has 15,485 active cases, while 72,913 patients have recovered.
The Amazon bribery case in India is getting murkier and the lack of transparency is not helping
Know your cryptocurrency lingo — Crypto coins and tokens are not the same thing
Popular on BI
- 'Harry Potter' had a chance to represent Indian kids like me, but all we got were Parvati and Padma Patil's atrocious Yule Ball outfits
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- IPL teams are reportedly launching fan tokens, which will give followers a bigger say in club decisions
- Google now wants to teach you a new word daily with this new feature
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 review – foldable phones are ready for the mainstream
- COVID-19 pandemic killed 80,000-180,000 health workers till May 2021, says WHO