COVID-19 patient goes 'missing' from Thane facility, probe on
The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) has formed a committee to probe the incident, its PRO Sandip Malavli said on Tuesday.
The 1,000-bed COVID hospital was recently inaugurated by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.Family members of the missing patient have claimed that he was shifted from Thane civil hospital to the COVID facility on the night of June 29. Advertisement
On July 1, hospital staff told them the septuagenarian was doing well, they claimed.
When the family members called up the hospital again on July 5 they were told that the old man was missing from his bed, they said.A complaint was lodged at Kapurbawdi police station on July 5.
Meanwhile, Thane city BJP president and MLC Niranjan Davkhare and former MP Kirit Somaiya visited Kapurbawdi police station and demanded registration of a case against the hospital. COR NSK NSK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Best weighing machines for home
- COVID-19 spread reported in new areas but 82% of total cases from 10 states/UTs: Health ministry
- Education Ministry relaxes criteria for admission to B.Architecture
- Microsoft for Startups’ Lathika Pai says entrepreneurs pitching for investments need to have this one question answered in their pitch decks
- LinkedIn, TCS, Disney+ Hotstar, Zee and other companies hiring right now in India