COVID-19: Patnaik thanks IAF for airlifting equipment, personnel for setting up testing labs in Odisha
"Thank @IAF_MCC for airlifting personnel and medicalequipment in short notice to set up medical lab and otherfacilities in #Odisha. The expeditious arrival of equipmentwill strengthen #Odisha's fight against #COVID19 pandemic,"Patnaik tweeted.
The IAF airlifted personnel and 3,500 kg of medicalequipment of ICMR from Chennai to Bhubaneswar for setting uptesting laboratories and other facilities in Odisha.The state government had on April 6 requested theCentre to facilitate Odisha to conduct at least 1,000 tests ofsamples every day by April 10.
Earlier, all samples had to be sent to the NationalInstitute of Virology, Pune. But the Centre later allowedconduct of tests at RMRC and AIIMS, Bhubaneswar and SCBMedical College and Hospital in Cuttack.The state administration has also decided to increaseits capacity in COVID-19 hospitals to 3,000 beds by April 15. AAMACD ACD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time
- BJD chalks out issues for upcoming budget session of Parliament