COVID-19: Pune businessman gets himself Rs 2.89 lakh gold mask
Nearly 55 gm of the yellow metal has been used in making the mask, businessman Shankar Kurhade, a resident of Pune's Pimpri-Chinchwad town, told reporters here while wearing the gold mask.
"I saw a news on television about a silver mask. I then spoke to my jeweller and ordered a gold mask," he said.The jeweller delivered the mask, costing Rs 2.89 lakh, in 10 days, the businessman said, adding that he also distributed relief material to the needy people amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Advertisement
Earlier, another businessman from Pimpri-Chinchwad Datta Phuge shot to fame in 2012 when got made a shirt of 3.5 kg of gold, worth Rs 1.27 crore, and wore it in public.
Phuge, who was in the business of money-lending and chit-fund, was killed here in 2016 by a group of persons over a suspected monetary dispute.A former MNS MLA from Pune, Ramesh Wanjale, was also known for his penchant for wearing gold ornaments that earned him the nickname of gold man in the political circles here.
He died of a heart attack in 2011. COR GK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Vitamin D twice a day may keep vertigo away
- M&M has given up on this year’s prospects as first-quarter profit is nearly wiped out
- OnePlus users express shock over uninstallable Facebook bloatware, company says it ensures 'higher battery efficiency'
- Samsung topples Xiaomi as the overall mobile phone leader in India
- Best 6GB RAM phones in India