COVID-19 testing kit developed by researchers in West Bengal gets ICMR nod
The kit 'DiAGSure nCOV-19 Detection Assay' canmeet the growing demand for testing equipment across thecountry to a certain extent.
Priced around Rs 500, the device has demonstrated anear-100 per cent accuracy in detecting the virus in a shortspan of 90 minutes, the statement said quoting an ICMR report.
Developed indigenously, one kit can test up to 160patients, it said.
The researchers, under the guidance of former CSIRscientist Samit Adhyay, put together the kit in a matter ofone-and-half months with logistic support from Koustubh Panda,the head of the biotechnology department, University ofCalcutta, the statement said.The equipment was then developed by GCC Biotech(India) Private Ltd, a company based in Bakrahat, South 24Parganas, following rigorous clinical trials, it added. SUSRMS RMS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- From anti-phishing phrases to two-factor authentication – here’s how Kucoin keeps your account secure
- Google’s Switch to Android app now supports all Android 12 phones
- Swiggy initiates ESOP liquidity worth $23 million, all employees now eligible
- Tips to spot fake messages and news on WhatsApp
- Spotify launches ‘RADAR Podcasters’ programme for emerging podcasters in India