COVID-19: UP records 24 more deaths, 757 fresh cases
Additional Chief Secretary (Medical and Health) Amit Mohan Prasad said there are 7,627 active cases in the state. So far, 18,154 people have been discharged from hospitals after recovering from the disease.
The state has a recovery rate of 68.36 per cent, he said.Prasad said the testing capacity in Uttar Pradesh has crossed 25,000 tests per day and 26,061 samples were tested on Friday. Advertisement
Over 8.34 lakh tests have been done in the state so far, he added.
Referring to the targeted random sampling going on in the state, Prasad said it was done among frontline healthcare workers and those working in chemist shops and pharmacies in all 75 districts of the state."Among the 12,299 samples collected, only 72 positive cases were found in 26 districts and these figures reaffirm that the infection is under control in a vast state like Uttar Pradesh," he said.
He also requested people to contribute to checking the spread of the infection by acting responsibly and taking all necessary precautions to keep themselves and others safe. SAB DIV DIV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Red bricks don’t just make walls, they can now power your house too
- India approves another $1.2 billion for defence over and above the $5.5 billion last month
- Best gaming consoles in India
- IT and media employees are in no hurry to get back to office — not until there are proper policies in place
- Here’s a look back at Rahat Indori’s famous poetry and shayari