Delhi LG inaugurates world's 'largest' COVID care centre
The centre has been set up in Chhatarpur for treating mild and asymptomatic coronavirus patients.
It will also serve as a treatment centre for those who are asymptomatic but cannot afford home isolation.The centre is 1,700 feet long, 700 feet wide -- roughly the size of 20 football fields -- and has 200 enclosures with 50 beds each. Advertisement
Authorities say it is the largest of its kind in the world.
While the Delhi government has provided administrative support, the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) will be the nodal agency operating the centre.Volunteers from the religious sect of Radha Soami Beas will also help run the centre. GVS RC
- 1 million tons of contaminated radioactive water still plagues Japan nearly a decade after the Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Maharashtra government partners with Google to provide remote learning to 23 million students
- Tamil Nadu reports 5,684 COVID-19 cases
- Maharashtra adds a records 11,514 COVID-19 cases and witnesses 316 deaths in a single day
- Two-wheeler sales in India could contract by 16-18% in FY2021, says ICRA