DMK boycotts budget presentation in TN assembly, stages walkout
As soon as the House convened for the budget and for tabling the demands for advance grants, Speaker P Dhanapal called Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam to present the interim financial statement.
However, DMK Deputy leader Duraimurugan was on his feet and sought the Chair's permission to express the party's 'view'.The Speaker replied that the budget has to be tabled and whatever the DMK leader spoke would not go on record.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC
- NITI Aayog proposes price of COVID-19 between ₹300-500