DMK MLA tests positive for COVID-19:, on ventilator support
The 61-year-old, a senior party leader in the state capital, was admitted on June 2, Dr Rela Institute and Medical Centre said in a statement.
He was having severe acute respiratory distress and his COVID PCR test was positive at the time of admission, hospital's Chief Executive Officer Dr Ilankumaran Kaliamoorthy said.Initially, he was managed with oxygen therapy through facemask and later on, he was put on ventilator support as his respiratory distress worsened, the hospital said. Advertisement
"He is currently getting 80 per cent of oxygen through the ventilator and his condition remains unchanged for the last 24 hours."
The legislator is a well-known DMK leader and he is also among the party's district secretaries here.An articulate member in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, he has successfully organised a slew of DMK events and is close to party president M K Stalin. VGNBN WELCOME VGNBN WELCOME
- Unacademy leads $5mn investment in learning platform Mastree
- Wipro to acquire Brazil-based IT services provider
- Human clinical trials for COVID-19 vaccine initiated in India: ICMR
- Global vaccine plan may allow rich countries to buy more
- China bags Iran’s friendship with a loan — costs India the crucial Chabahar port project