Eastern Railway hospital doctor tests positive for COVID-19
The doctor, who was on leave since April 14 as she was feeling unwell, tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, ER spokesperson Nikhil Chakraborty said.
She has been admitted to a private hospital in the city, he said.
At least 10 staff members of the B R Singh Hospital, the main hospital of the Eastern Railway, have been asked to go on home quarantine by authorities of the medical establishment as they had come in contact with the doctor at their workplace, the spokesperson said.
Four members of the doctor's family have also been asked to remain under home quarantine by the state health department, he said, adding that they will be tested for COVID-19.No coronavirus patient has so far been treated at the B R Singh Hospital, he added. AMR ACD KJKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Best 55-inch smart TVs with Chromecast built-in
- Best 2.1 channel speakers with Bluetooth support
- OPINION: Experts’ guide to understanding the role of DeFi in digital finance
- OpenSea is returning the millions users lost due to a bug
- Indian crypto exchanges, influencers fall prey to hacks promoting crypto scam