Eastern Railway hospital doctor tests positive for COVID-19
The doctor, who was on leave since April 14 as she was feeling unwell, tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, ER spokesperson Nikhil Chakraborty said.
She has been admitted to a private hospital in the city, he said.
At least 10 staff members of the B R Singh Hospital, the main hospital of the Eastern Railway, have been asked to go on home quarantine by authorities of the medical establishment as they had come in contact with the doctor at their workplace, the spokesperson said.
Four members of the doctor's family have also been asked to remain under home quarantine by the state health department, he said, adding that they will be tested for COVID-19.No coronavirus patient has so far been treated at the B R Singh Hospital, he added. AMR ACD KJKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council