Elderly man in Kerala recovers from coronavirus, dies of other complications
Malappuram/Thiruvananthapuram, Apr 18 () An 85-year-old COVID-19 patient, who was declared cured and was undertreatment for kidney and heart related ailments, died earlySaturday at a government hospital in Malappuram. Health Minister K K Shailaja said the patient had beencured of the disease and had been suffering from old ageproblemsbesides heart and kidney ailments.
All three results of his samples had returned negative,she told reporters in the state capital.
Theoctogenerian was undergoing treatment for heart andkidneyailments and had suffered acardiac arrest on Apr 13and kidney failure the next day and was on dialysis, she said.
Malappuram District Collector Jafar Malik told thatthe patient had been declared cured of the viral infectionafter his last three samples taken on April 7, 10 and 13 cameout negative.
"He was under observation in the ICU and in the last twodays there were lot of complications.
Due to his age and earlier diseases the doctors triedtheir best,but he expired at 4 this morning. It is not aCovid-19 death."
"As per protocol two samples have to be taken. In thiscase three samples were taken and all were negative. It is anormal death," he said.
Asked about the funeral protocol, Malik said there wouldbe restrictions due to the lockdown as no more than 20 peoplecan attend it.
But, no covid protocol would be followed and the opinionof doctors in this regard has been taken. It is not clear how the patient contracted the virus.
His son, a Madrassateacher, had returnedafterperforming umrah in Saudi Arabia.However, he had tested negative for the virus. The man, who was a religious preacher, had visitednearbypanchayats of Anakkayam and Vettathoor for performing prayers,sources said. UD CORRROH ROH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy