Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
BKU leader Rakesh Tikait will be attending all the 'Mahapanchayats' starting from February 28 at Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
AdvertisementIn March, Mahapanchayats will be organised in Rudrapur in Uttarakhand on March 1, in Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan on March 2, in Nagaur on March 3, in Etawah on March 5 and in Telangana on March 6. After this, Tikait will be attending a programme at Ghazipur on March 7 and the reach Sheopur in Madhya Pradesh on March 8.
On March 10, a
The farmers have announced the series of Mahapanchayats with an aim to intensify their agitation against the contentious farm laws.
The 11 rounds of talks between the farmers and the government have been inconclusive as the farmers are adamant on their demand of withdrawal of the laws.
When asked that if the farmers will not hold the discussion then how will this stalemate end and the public will continue to face the problems because of the protest, Tikait said, "We are ready for the discussion. We have even sent messages regarding our issues but the government has not replied to them. This protest is for everyone."
Apart from the BKU, several parties are also organising their Mahapanchayats to show solidarity with the farmers' protest.
Bharat Bandh – over eight crore traders across India shut shop in protest against rising fuel prices and changes in GST rules
EXCLUSIVE: Ignore low CIBIL score for street vendor loans, work on holidays, and other diktats from Indian government to banks rushing to meet March target
India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings