Farmers' protest: Tenth round of talks between government and farmer leaders postponed to January 20
The meeting is scheduled to take place at 2 p.m. here at Vigyan Bhawan. It would be the 10th round of talks between Centre and the representatives of the agitating farmers who are on streets along the borders of Delhi since almost two months, demanding withdrawal of the newly passed
In a letter to the representatives of the protesting farmers, Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare said the scheduled meeting of a Group of Ministers with agitating farmer organisations for January 19 has been postponed to January 20 due to some unavoidable reasons.
Stating in the letter that the meeting would be held on January 20, the farmers' leaders have been requested to attend the meet.
With a view to improve the agriculture and allied sectors, the Central government implemented the Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act 2020, the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Act 2020, and the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act 2020.
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, who is leading the negotiations on behalf of the government, has repeatedly reiterated that whatever provisions would be appropriate in the interests of the farmers of the country, the Narendra Modi-led government would consider including them in the new farm laws.
The protesting farmers are adamant on repealing the three Union farm laws and demanding a legal guarantee for procurement of crops at the
The startup behind Chhota Bheem, Motu Patlu and Shikari Shambhu is back with an IPO plan — after a series of acquisitions and fundraisings
The ₹4,600 crore IPO from IRFC is ‘attractive,’ and the best thing about the borrowing arm for Indian Railways is the assured margin
How to apply for IRFC IPO? Check the details and online application process here
Cure.fit strengthens its US offering by acquiring digital trainer and workout app Onyx
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala