COVID-19 claims its first Death in Jharkhand; total stands at 4
- A 72-year-old man died of
coronavirusin Bokaro district, the first COVID-19 death reported in Jharkhand.
- Presently, Jharkhand has four active cases. Three of these cases are connected to the Tablighi Jamaat followers.
The man was kept in the isolation ward of a hospitalafter he showed symptoms of the virus on April 5. He waslater tested positive for COVID-19, he said.
Presently, Jharkhand has four active cases. Three of these cases are connected to the Tablighi Jamaat followers.
A 54-year-old woman from Hindpidi who tested positive had come in contact with an Malaysian woman who was among those who had been earlier evacuated from a mosque in Hindpidi.
It is suspected that the new patient may have got the infection from the Malaysian woman, who tested corona positive on March 31 and is now undergoing treatment at Rajindra Institute of Medical Science, Ranchi.
After the new case came to the fore, the Jharkhand woman and six others were quarantined in RIMS.
Apart from these two women, a resident of Vishnugarh in Hazaribag was also found corona positive.
On Sunday, one woman in Telo panchayat area in Chandrapura in Bokaro district tested positive. She had returned to Jharkhand on March 18 after participating in a Tablighi Jamaat meet in Bangladesh capital Dhaka.
SEE ALSO : What are the Coronavirus symptoms and how to check for them at home
- Indian-origin S African appointed COO of company assisting in combating organised bank-related crimes
- Govt can't compel COVID-19 positive people into state quarantine facilities: South African court
- Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
- Highest spike of 1,513 fresh COVID cases in Delhi takes total to over 23K; death toll rises to 606
- Assam records highest single-day spike in COVID cases; tally 1,830
- Cyclone Nisarga Updates
- Lockdown extended
- Telangana lockdown guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- Delhi Containment Zones
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Punjab lockdown guidelines
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines