Five more COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, count rises to 38
Three people have tested positive in Ranchi district while one person each tested positive in Dhanbad and Simdega districts, they said.
According to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Ranchi, Director D K Singh four samples have tested positive.The officials said that while three people are from different places in Ranchi district, one hails from Simdega district.
The man, a resident of a Railway Colony in Hirapur area, was being treated at the Divisional Railway Hospital here for fever, he said.He had visited his in-laws' house at Chas in neighbouring Bokaro district to meet his pregnant wife and returned to Dhanbad on a bicycle on March 26. He complained of fever the next day, health officials said.
The first positive case in Dhanbad district was reported in Kumardhubi in Gyarahkhund block near the West Bengal border on April 8.The total number of cases in the state was 38, which includes two deaths, one each in Ranchi and Bokaro districts, an official said.Ranchi district has the maximum number of COVID-19 cases at 21, followed by Bokaro (9), Hazaribagh, Simdega and Dhanbad (two each) and one each in Koderma and Giridih districts. COR PVR RG KJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India surpasses Brazil with more than 200 journalists succumbing to COVID-19 pandemic
- If you have taken Covishield shots, watch out for these blood clot symptoms listed out by India’s Health Ministry
- Canara Bank's asset quality continues to dip but it's out of the red for now
- Tata Motors still isn't in the green, but it's making 20% more profit than before the COVID-19 pandemic hit
- CPI announces its list of cabinet nominees in the Pinarayi Vijayan-led Left government in Kerala