Former bureaucrat Arun Goel assumes charge as new Election Commissioner
Arun Goel a former
The Minister of Law and Justice on Saturday notified the appointment made by President Droupadi Murmu.
"The President is pleased to appoint Arun Goel, IAS (Retd.) (PB: 1985) as the Election Commissioner in the Election Commission with effect from the date he assumes the office," it said.
Arun Goel had on Friday taken voluntary retirement from the post of Secretary, Heavy Industries.
He will join Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar and Election Commissioner Anup Chandra Pandey in the Election Commission.
Sushil Chandra retired as Chief Election Commissioner in May this year.
RBI report flags large-scale variation in property tax collection across civic bodies
India on course to become world’s second largest economy by 2050, says Gautam Adani
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says