Former President of India Pranab Mukherjee tests positive for COVID-19
- India’s former President
Pranab Mukherjeehas tested positive for coronavirus.
- Mukherjee took to Twitter asking anyone who has come in contact with him over the past few days to get tested and self-quarantine.
- Mukherjee served as India’s 13th president from 2012 to 2017.
On a visit to the hospital for a separate procedure, I have tested positive for COVID19 today. I request the peopl… https://t.co/hTU5DJH9vs— Pranab Mukherjee (@CitiznMukherjee) 1597045077000
Mukherjee is currently 84 years old and served as India’s 13th President from 2012 to 2017. He is also the recipient of awards such as the Padma Vibhushan and Bharat Ratna for his contribution to society.
The news comes just days after Home Minister Amit Shah also tested positive for COVID 19 early this month after being cleared a few days later. Other Indian politicians like Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa, and UP State BJP President Swatantra Dev Singh have also tested positive for coronavirus in the last month.
कोरोना के शुरूआती लक्षण दिखने पर मैंने टेस्ट करवाया और रिपोर्ट पॉजिटिव आई है। मेरी तबीयत ठीक है परन्तु डॉक्टर्स की… https://t.co/D1Jhi6tG1t— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) 1596366832000
Mukherjee first ran for office in 1969. At the time he was with the Bangla Congress, which later merged with Congress Party, and won a seat in Rajya Sabha.
He has also served on the board o governors for the African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank during his two tenures as India’s finance minister.
All the 101 items that India's Defence Ministry will put under "import embargo"
HAL’s share price jumps by over 8% as defence stocks rally after India announces import ban
WhatsApp to soon allow its users to sync their chat history on atleast 4 devices
- Top stocks to watch— Future Group stocks, IRCTC, RITES, SBI, Bank of India, PNB and more
- 6 drug peddlers held in Bengaluru
- IPO rush this week — CAMS, Chemcon and Angel Broking gear up to hit the market
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic