Former President Pranab Mukherjee on ventilator support after brain clot surgery
Prior to his surgery, Mukherjee, 84, had also tested positive for coronavirus.
"On a visit to the hospital for a separate procedure, I have tested positive for COVID19 today. I request the people who came in contact with me in the last week, to please self isolate and get tested for COVID-19," he had tweeted earlier on Monday.
Soon after Mukherjee shared the news, wishes for his speedy recovery started pouring in, including from Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and Union Minister and
West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool COngress supremo
Congress spokesperson and national media in-charge Randeep Singh Surjewala also wished the veteran leader a speedy recovery. The party's official Twitter handle also extended its wishes for his good health.
AdvertisementAfter a long political career in which he held several top posts including that of Finance and Defence Minister, Mukherjee became President in 2012 and served till 2017.
- Karnataka's Covid vaccine recipient dies of heart stroke: Minister
- NIMHANS doctor on Sputnik vaccine advisory board
- Japanese firm Daicel to invest ₹230 crore to set up manufacturing plant in Chennai
- Two reasons why Elon Musk routed Tesla’s India venture via Amsterdam
- Rajasthan government withdraws night curfew after decline in COVID-19 cases