Fresh COVID-19 case in HP, tally rises to 48
Hamirpur had become coronavirus-free on April 29 after the last two patients in the district tested negative for the infection.
A 42-year-old man from Bijhari town in Bijhri tehsil has tested positive for coronavirus. He had returned to Hamirpur from Delhi on April 29, Deputy Commissioner Hairkesh Meena said.
The man's samples were sent for testing on Thursday and his report came back positive on Friday, Meena told .
He has been admitted to Radha Soami Charitable Hospital in Hamirpur's Bhota and area within three kilometers of his residence has been declared a containment zone as per protocol, he added.
The patient's contacts are being traced, the deputy commissioner said.
Himachal Pradesh has seven active cases with two in Chamba, and one each in Hamirpur, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur and Kangra districts, according to officials.
While 34 people have recovered, three have died. Four people were shifted to other states for treatment.The fatalities include a 70-year-old Delhi resident who stayed at a guest house of a factory in Solan's Baddi and died at PGIMER, Chandigarh on April 2. DJI DIVDIV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months