Fresh COVID-19 case reported in Assam, count rises to 35
This is the first COVID-19 case to be reported in thestate in the last seven days, he said.
"A man from Bilasipara, Dhubri has tested #COVIDpositive. He has a history of being in touch with anotherpatient, who was part of Athgaon Masjid congregation inGuwahati," Sarma tweeted.
Three COVID-19 patients, two of whom were from Dhubri district, had attended the Athgaon Masjid congregation here on March 12.
With the latest case, the total number of active caseshas risen to 15 while one COVID-19 patient has died and 19 others have been cured of the disease and discharged from hospitals.
Two persons from Morigaon district had last testedpositive for coronavirus in Assam on April 16.
Sarma, at a press conference on Wednesday, had hoped that by May 1 there would be no active cases in Assam, provided people maintain social distancing.
He, however, had pointed out that there have beeninstances of people not maintaining social distancing which may lead to fresh cases.
With five coronavirus cases, Dhubri is one of the fivehotspot districts in the state, the others being Golaghat,Goalpara, Morigaon and Nalbari.
A total of 5,789 samples have been tested at sixlaboratories in the state so far, of which reports of 35people have returned positive while those of 214 are awaited.
The remaining results have come negative, Sarma said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Best entry-level smartphones in India for 2023
- Samsung to manufacture premium Galaxy S23 smartphones in India
- Samsung launches four new laptops in the Galaxy Book3 series with a bigger display and new processor
- Social isolation linked to dementia risk factors says a study in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra priced starting at ₹74,999 in India