FSL team collects exhibits from Nizamuddin headquarters of Tablighi Jamaat
According to FSL, Rohini Director Deepa Verma, members from the Cyber Forensics Unit, biology, chemistry and photo divisions visited the spot and collected exhibits.
The team members were wearing Hazmat suits and were likely to be sent to home quarantine, sources said.They said the building had five floors and two basements, and several shoe racks were found inside it, adding that no electronic device was found.
A case has been registered against Maulana Saad of the Nizamuddin headquarters of the Tablighi Jamaat under the relevant sections of the Epidemic Diseases Act and Indian Penal Code for allegedly violating government orders as regards the management of the centre with respect to social, political or religious gatherings.So far, more than 400 COVID-19 cases and about 15 deaths in the country have been found to be linked to a religious congregation held at the Nizamuddin headquarters of the Tablighi Jamaat last month.
Action against foreign Tablighi Jamaat members was taken after over 2,300 activists, including 250 foreigners, were found to be living at its headquarters in Nizamuddin West last week, despite the 21-day nationwide lockdown imposed to check the spread of the coronavirus.At least 9,000 people participated in the religious congregation in Nizamuddin last month, after which many of the attendees travelled to various parts of the country. SLB AMP RC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Infosys had a great year but CEO Salil Parekh expects the next one to be more than twice as good
- Infosys will buy back shares at ₹1,750 — more than what some analysts had expected
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership