Future of Work: 2021 & Beyond —Aon and Business Insider's report rethinks the workforce models for success
- Aon, in association with Business Insider, released the ‘
Future of Work: 2021 & Beyond’ report to dig deeper into what the future is about.
- This is a culmination of the months of work that Aon has done that has been a fuel for Business Insider’s special virtual event that took place on September 16 and 17.
- “A future-ready workforce requires reskilling and upskilling talent,” Marius Grindemann, director at global professional services platform Aon, said.
The recently released ‘Future of Work: 2021 & Beyond’ report by Aon and Business Insider dig much deeper into what this future is all about and what changes it may bring to our lives. This is a culmination of the months of work that professional services firm Aon has done that has been a fuel for Business Insider’s special virtual event that took place on September 16 and 17.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE
The last eighteen months have only been a prequel to a movie that has not yet started yet, but the blueprint is already under works.
The good news is that we don’t need to worry about robots taking all the jobs. The bad news is that one will have to work on it by constantly upskilling and reskilling, and staying in touch with emerging trends. “A future-ready workforce requires reskilling and upskilling talent,” Marius Grindemann, director at Aon, said.
'You are not going to be in top 20% of your company if you just focus on data analytics, you have to focus on soft skills too', says @RonnieScrewvala, Chairperson and Co-founder of upGrad, on the role, soft skills play in shaping one's career at @BiIndia's #FutureOfWork summit. pic.twitter.com/jhRWGe1e7Q— Business Insider India🇮🇳 (@BiIndia) September 16, 2021
As the world stepped into a lockdown, employers were also finding ways to bring back people to work when the employees remained wary of the virus. “In a global economy, where intangible adders are becoming more valuable than the physical ones, understanding how people work best could be a good place to start,” Pete Bentley, global chief commercial officer (COO) and Future of Work Leader — Human Capital Solutions at Aon said.
#FutureOfWork Summit: 'Companies should realise that they need people who have the #skills, but they need the right mindset', says Pete Bentley, the Future Of Work Global Chief Commercial Officer, Aon, on upskilling for a longer shelf life. pic.twitter.com/T7rJdC4sE7— Business Insider India🇮🇳 (@BiIndia) September 19, 2021
Aon is a British multinational professional services firm that sells a range of financial risk-mitigation products, such as insurance, pension administration, health-insurance plans and more. It offers its services across 120 countries and has over 3,500 clients.
Several experts from the company, who have spent several years in understanding and working in this domain, explained newer trends and solutions to manage the workforce of the future. The report also touches upon solutions to close the skill gap that may emerge, strategising total rewards, measuring progress, overcoming challenges to effective workforce planning, and redesigning focus roles.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE
The report includes inputs from Aon’s partners Richarf Harris, Laura Wanlass, Stefan Gaertner, Tzeitel Fernandes and Mina Morris, and Directors Jacqueline Condron, Hannah Kenney as well as Marius Grindemann.
TCS, Infosys and Wipro take a lot of heart from Accenture's blockbuster earnings
Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?