Goa Assembly's budget session to begin from March 24
A notification about it has been issued, he said.
The session will have a total of 13 sittings, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and the holy days of the Lent season observed by Christians, the senior official from the legislature department said.The Lent season this year began on February 17 and will end on April 3.
During the session, the opposition parties are likely to target the BJP-ruled government over three infrastructure projects in the state - proposed highway expansion, railway track doubling and laying of power transmission line.Various NGOs and opposition parties in the state have been opposing these projects, alleging that the government wants to convert the state into a coal hub. They also say that these projects will damage the environment.
The opposition is also likely to target the government over the state's economic condition in the wake of COVID-19. RPS NP NP
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Tech giants Google, Amazon, and Apple back work authorisation in US for spouses of H-1B visa holders
- This new book about saving a forest as big as 178,000 football fields is only partly fictional
- Cyclone Tauktae causes heavy rains in Kerala — coastal areas are badly affected
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat