Goa councillor dies of coronavirus infection
Pascoal DSouza, who did not belong to any political party, tested positive for coronavirus last month following which he was admitted to Margao-based ESI Hospital, a specially designated facility for COVID-19 patients.
He succumbed to the viral infection on Sunday, the official said.D'Souza represented a ward in Mangor Hill area, which has been declared as a containment zone after more than 200 people there tested positive for coronavirus. Advertisement
The municipal council elections in Goa are not fought on party lines.
With the councillor's death, the overall toll in the coastal state has reached seven.Till Saturday, the state reported 1,684 COVID-19 cases. RPS GK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Madras High Court asks Patanjali to pay ₹10 lakh penalty for "chasing profits by exploiting people's fear and panic" to sell its immunity booster tablet Coronil
- POPxo gets acquired by Mumbai-based beauty commerce platform MyGlamm
- Best pop up camera smartphones in India for a distraction free viewing experience
- Bird poop worth $470 million is at risk — could hold the key to saving seabirds across the world
- COVID crashed profit and Pidilite couldn’t fix it— yet