Goa govt allows people to skip COVID-19 test on arrival
However, those who choose not to undergo the test will have to remain home-quarantined for 14 days, he said.
Sawant said the government has brought a change in the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to execute this new plan considering the strain on the testing facilities in Goa in view of the rising number of people arriving in the state.
"As per the change in the SOP, people will be allowed to enter the state without having to undergo the COVID-19 test. Those not found carrying any COVID-19 symptoms will have this option. It will come into effect from June 11. However, it is mandatory for those who choose to skip this test to observe 14-day home quarantine along with the family members," he said.
"Those who decide to undergo COVID-19 test on their arrival in Goa will have to remain under institutional quarantine till their test results are declared," the CM said.
People can carry the medical certificate of being COVID-19 negative from any ICMR-affiliated laboratory, which should be issued less than 48 hours before their arrival, Sawant said.
"Everyone entering the state will have to go through thermal scanner check, and if found symptomatic, that person will be taken to a quarantine facility, where test would be conducted," he said.
"The change in SOP has been brought as the testing facilities are getting stressed due to increasing number of people arriving in the state," he said.
On the status of the COVID-19 patients in Goa, the chief minister said that so far, 359 positive cases were found in the state, of which 67 have recovered.
"We have 292 cases, which are active, of which only 21 are symptomatic. None of the patients had to be put on ventilator," he added.
Sawant said that except for three patients, all others are natives of Goa.
"Of the total cases, 194 were from Vasco's Mangor Hill area, which has been declared as a containment zone," he added.The chief minister said that eleven health workers who were working to curb the spread of COVID-19 have tested positive, while four drivers of the state-run Kadamba Transport Corporation Ltd who were on duty, were also found infected. RPS i NP NP
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns