Goa reports 40 new coronavirus cases
State Health Secretary Nila Mohanan said 32 persons from Mangor Hill locality of Vasco, which has been declared as a containment zone, were among those who tested positive during the day.
The other eight had arrived in Goa from outside, she added.The coastal state now has 109 active cases. Advertisement
1,484 samples were sent for testing on Thursday, Mohanan said.
"Local administration has taken over the supplies of essential commodities (in containment zone). Pre-packed vegetables are also being supplied to the people in this zone," Mohanan added."Arrangements have been made by local municipality to collect the garbage. Leaflets are circulated to every household listing out the precautions to be taken by the people in containment zones," she added.
Goa's COVID-19 figures are as follows: Positive cases: 166, new cases: 40, deaths: nil, discharged: 57, active cases 109, Samples tested to date: 25,809. RPS KRK KRK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Sony Xperia 5 II is a compact smartphone with high-end features
- Rajya Sabha passes Homeopathy Bills
- Kia Sonet SUV launched in India at ₹6.71 lakh— Here’s all you need to know about its features, design and competition
- COVID-19 patients are facing heart-related issues after recovery
- Australia's controversial Adani coal mine says it has proved environmentalists wrong by creating over 1,500 jobs