Goa tourism to resume only when COVID-19 situation in control
Mass gatherings should be discouraged in the state fornext few months to contain the spread of the deadly viralinfection, he told on Wednesday.
Tourism is one of the major source of revenue for thecoastal state, which is popular for its picturesque beachesamong both the domestic and foreign tourists."Even after the lockdown is lifted, we cannotimmediately think of opening our borders. We have to make surethe tourism industry resumes only after health protocols arefollowed," Lobo said.
"When they are certified as negative for coronavirus,only then they should be allowed to enter the state, he said.Lobo said private labs can be roped in to conducttests of people at these points.
The BJP MLA, who represents Calangute constituency inNorth Goa district, said he would present his suggestions toChief Minister Pramod Sawant on April 14.Goa's key domestic markets for tourism include stateslike Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karanataka and Kerala, whichare also reeling under the impact of coronavirus, he noted. RPSGK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Delhi registers 96 fresh cases in last 24 hours, lowest single-day in nine months
- Axis Bank's net profit for the Q3 of 2020-21 fell 36%
- Bharat Biotech to make antigen for first-ever anti-malaria vaccine
- SIMPLY PUT: Watch out for production linked incentives in the budget — here’s how it will work
- Surgeries, invasive procedures and OPDs to resume at all Delhi government hospitals