Guideline released for pregnant women with Covid-19 infection
All medical college hospitals were directed to haveseparate OT for such pregnant women, the health departmentsaid in a guideline.
"The standards and facilities required for infectioncontrol in these areas should be the same as that of otheradults with suspected and confirmed Covid 19 infection," itsaid.
Infants born to women with Covid-19 should be fedaccording to the standard infant feeding guidelines applyingnecessary precautions, it said.
While breastfeeding her child, such a mother need tomaintain respiratory hygiene by using a triple-layer mask, andhand hygiene before and after contacting the baby, said theguideline.Auxiliary nurse midwifery (ANM) and Asha workersshould keep a tab on all pregnant women and especially high-risk pregnancies to ensure early detection of complicationsand follow-up. SCHNN NN
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera